Laura completed her training in the USA and with initial registration in Pennsylvania, she has over 13 years experience working in industry and practice.
Laura trained and qualified within the audit department of KPMG in the USA specialising in financial services clients. Laura then transferred to KPMG London to pursue a career in forensic accounting, specifically fraud investigation. Her work involved looking at issues in detail, advising on a variety of accounting issues for a range of clients suggesting improvement to controls and processes.
More recently, Laura has been working at the University of Portsmouth teaching accounting and finance students about corporate governance, financial crime and ethics. She enjoys helping people understand the complexities of accounting and regulation.
Laura specialises in the following:
- Preparation and submission of financial and tax accounts
- Tax advice and planning
- Financial processes, issue identification and resolution
- Management accounting, internal controls and reporting
- Audit of finance and business processes
- Business strategy and budgeting